jQuery Plugin is lightweight and very easy to use. Using just a few Kb file, you can create an awesome block in your projects.
According to BuiltWith currently used by over 78% of top million sites using jQuery. It is very lightweight, and extendable, thats why there are plenty of jQuery plugins freely available for almost every functionality you can think of.
Just to help you find exactly what jQuery Plugin you are looking quickly, I made a top list of essential and handy jQuery plugins list.
Few days ago, I wrote a top list paid traffic sources for marketer. Some of students and programmer friends ask me to make an useful list for them. And thats why this post come in my mind.
Top Essential jQuery Plugin list 2018
- Owl Carousel: A fantastic carousel plugin you can use in your responsive projects. One of the most popuar jQuery plugin to make carousel slider.
CSS3 Animations & Transitions
- Transit: CSS3 Transition and Animation Library you can use in your any projects.
- ElementTransition: Simple & beautiful transitions for web pages
- Typed.js: Beautiful text being typed animation.
- Tilt.js: A tiny 60+fps parallax tilt hover effect for jQuery. I personally like it.
- TouchSwipe: A jQuery plugin for touch and gesture-based interaction
- Drag: A jquery special event plugin that makes the task of adding complex drag interactions, to any element.
- jQuery Hotkeys: jQuery Hotkeys is a plug-in that lets you easily add and remove handlers for keyboard events anywhere in your code supporting almost any key combination.
Filtering & Sorting
- Filter: A fantastic grid layout library with smart sorting.
- MixItUp: An amazing library for different types of sorting and filtering. You will love it for sure!
- TableSorter: Easy and excellent table sorter plugin.
- jQuery ListNav: Excellent list filtering plugin
Form Elements – Select Box
- Choosen: A jQuery Plugin by Harvest to Tame Unwieldy Select Boxes
- FancySelect: A better select for discerning web developers everywhere.
- Select2: Select2 is a jQuery based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and infinite scrolling of results.
- Dropdown: A beautiful jQuery plugin to create dropdown for multiple selections
Form Elements – Checkbox and Radio
- LabelAuty: A nice and lightweight jQuery plugin that gives beauty to checkboxes and radio buttons and allows custom labels for each status of (un)checked inputs.
- Switchery: iOS 7 style switches for your checkboxes
Image Processing, Canvas & SVG
- BlurJS: A jQuery plugin that produces psuedo-transparent blurred elements over other elements
- TiltShift: Obtain Tiltshift/Mniature effect using this cool jQuery Plugin.
- FightIndicators: The Flight Indicators Plugin allows you to display high quality flight indicators using html, css3, jQuery and SVG vector images
- Isotope: A complete layout library
- Masonry: Layout library for Masonry grids
- Mason: jQuery Masonry grid with a very useful feature – columns with equal height
- Freewall: Amazing grid engine!
- FitJS: Fit any div in any container, flawlessly.
- Gridster: Gridster is a jQuery plugin that allows building intuitive draggable layouts from elements spanning multiple columns. You can even dynamically add and remove elements from the grid.
- jPlayer: The jQuery HTML5 Audio / Video Library
Scrolling and Parallax
- Scrollorama: The jQuery plugin for doing cool scrolly stuff
- Setller.js: Parallax has bener been so easier
- Arbitrary Anchor: ARBITRARY ANCHOR SCROLLING FOR ANY ELEMENT ON YOUR PAGE
- ScrollTo: A simple jQuery plugin for scrolling elements, or the window itself.
- Sticky Kit: Sticky-kit provides an easy way to attach elements to the page when the user scrolls such that the element is always visible.
- FullPage: Create Beautiful Fullscreen Scrolling Websites
- MultiScroll: Create full screen pages with two scrolling sections per page.
- LookingFor: jquery.lookingfor plugin searches text in list items (<li>) and hides unmatched items. It works for <li>and any HTML element on a page. Any input field (input, textarea) can be transformed to search filter with jquery.lookingfor
- Responsive JS: A tiny responsive slider plugin with some cool features, in 1KB only
- Sequence JS: The Slider Reimagined for the Modern Web, comes with fantastic CSS3 transitions and parallax
- Supersized: Fullscreen background slideshow plugin
- iView: Beautiful and slick slider plugin which is responsive too
- Orbit: Another beautiful slider plugin from Zurb
- Superslider: A fullscreen, hardware accelerated slider for jQuery
- SliderJS: SlidesJS is a responsive slideshow plug-in for jQuery (1.7.1+) with features like touch and CSS3 transitions.
- GlideJS: Responsive, lightweight and touch friendly slider that works in every device
Sound & Audio
- Ion.Sound: Nifty jQuery library to play sound on events
- CircleType.js: Circletype.js is a tiny (2.7kb) jQuery plugin that lets you set type on a circle and allows to use any font
- FitText: Fittext makes any text to fit in the container of any size
- FlowType: Web typography at its finest: font-size and line-height based on element width.
UI Elements – Calendar & DateTime
UI Elements – Images, Galleries & Photos
- TwentyTwenty – Before & After Differences: TwentyTwenty is a image difference tool which shows you the difference between two images visually
- Adipoli: Adipoli is a simple jQuery plugin used to bring stylish image hover effects
- BackStretch: a simple jQuery plugin that allows you to add a dynamically-resized, slideshow-capable background image to any page or element
- Taggd: Taggd is a jQuery plugin that help you create tags on images with, or without a popup!
- jGallery: Beautiful jQuery photo gallery with albums and preloader
- Pongstagr.am: A jQuery plugin that lets you display your Instagram media to your website using Bootstrap Front-end styles and modal-plugin.
- ImgAreaSelect: ImgAreaSelect is a jQuery plugin for selecting a rectangular area of an image.
- Interactive BG: Create an interactive moving background/object that reacts to viewer’s cursor
- LightGallery: JQuery lightGallery is a lightweight jQuery lightbox gallery for displaying image and video in a gallery
- jQuery.ImageFit: A simple, lightweight plugin to make images fit anywhere and anyway.
- Nanogallery 2: Everything you need to add beautiful, modern and high quality photo galleries to your website
- TimelineJS: jQuery timeline plugin, easily creates timeline slider.
- jQuery MEME Generator: A jQuery plugin for interactive creating images with captions (memes) with basic image editing tools.
UI Elements – Lightboxes & Modals
- Magnific Popup: Magnific Popup is a responsive jQuery lightbox plugin that is focused on performance and providing best experience for user with any device
- FlipLightBox: Responsive Lightbox jQuery Plugin
- PrettyPhoto: PrettyPhoto is a jQuery lightbox clone. It support images, videos, flash, YouTube, iframes and ajax. It’s a full blown media lightbox.
- Remodal: Flat, responsive, lightweight, easy customizable modal window plugin with declarative state notation and hash tracking.
- Fluidbox: Amazingly beautiful inline lightbox
UI Elements – Maps
- Mapsed: Mark a place on any map easily with this nice plugin.
UI Elements – Others
- JoyRide – Feature Tour Plugin: As said, it’s a beautiful feature tour plugin by Zurb.
- Hubspot Messaging Library: To show transactional messages in your app
- Bootrtrap Progressbar: Animated progressbar that is compatible with bootstrap 3x
- Prezento: Show off your responsive web designs. Include the plugin, apply the settings and you’re ready to impress your visitors!
- FixTop: A jQuery plugin to fix DOM element to the top when a page scrolls to its position
- jQuery FormChimp: MailChimp ajax plugin for jQuery
UI Elements – Responsive Menu
- FlexiNav: A Device-Agnostic Approach to Complex Site Navigation.
- SlimMenu: Another multilevel responsive menu
- SlideBars: Slidebars is a jQuery plugin for quickly and easily implementing mobile app-style revealing menus and sidebars into your website.
UI Elements – Scrollers
- NanoScroller.js: This jQuery plugin offers a simplistic way of implementing Mac OS X Lion-styled scrollbars for your website.
- NiceScroll: Thisjquery plugin usefor nice scrollbars with a very similar ios/mobile style.
UI Elements – Social Sharing
- jQuery Tweetable: A simple plugin that lets you make site content easily tweetable.
- Share-Button: Fast, beautiful, and painless social shares
- Slide Social Button: Slide Social Buttons are a fun way to display your social media buttons.
UI Elements – Tabs
- Tabulous.js: A fantastic jQuery plugin to help you create tabs, easily
UI Elements – Tables
- TableCloth.js: Tablecloth.js is a jQuery plugin that helps you easily style HTML tables along with some simple customizations.
- EditTable: Adds editing capability in your table elements
- Mr.JsonTable: HTML Table from JSON data with paging sorting and hideable columns
- jQuery Bootgrid: Nice, sleek and intuitive grid control system especially designed for bootstrap.
UI Elements – Toolbar
- Toolbar.js: A jQuery plugin that creates tooltip style toolbars in awesome way.
UI Elements – Tree
- Treed: A powerful tree editing component. Treed wants to be for tree editing what ace is for text editing. Extensible, customizible, powerful, and just plain easy to use.
UI Elements – WYSIWYG
- SirTrevor: A really very beautiful and rich content editor re-imagined for web.
Utilities & Others
- jQuery.Vibrate: This plugin allows developers to vibrate a device (in a pattern) for a given duration. A very handy and useful plugin.
Hope this list will help you a lot. If I left any plugin to add in my list, please let me know via comment box.